10 Best Secret Ingredients to a Healthier Life, All in Your Morning Smoothie!
So here I am going to talk about the 10 ingredients that I used daily in my smoothie without breaking the bank. With this amazing smoothing I feel so much better everyday because it contains Vitamins and protein that I never use to put in my body.
However, what ingredients do you even put in your smoothing to 1) have it taste good like Jamba Juice or 2) actually benefit your health.
I will let you in on a little secret that helps me save tons of money and I can still used all these items I am about share with you, all in my morning smoothie.
Sweet Cherries: This yummy fruit is naturally sweet without a speck of sugar and has been know to mix well with other sweet or tart fruits. Sweet cherries also freeze easily so if you are not using them you can conserve them until you need them.
have a unique set of antioxidants, anthacyanin glycosides, which give the cherries their deep red color. This antioxidant provided inflammatory properties which help anyone with painful-related symptoms or injuries. They also contain the antioxidant melatonin, which is known to calm the nervous system and help you sleep more regularly at night.
There has been a correlation between eating sweet cherries and prevention of Alzheimer’s disease. The Cyanidin found in cherries significantly increases the free radicals in the body. This is one of the most influential ways to help prevent cancer. Many studies show that cherries aid the body in blocking cancer cells from growing.
Sweet cherries are good source of potassium, minerals, iron, zinc, copper, and manganese. The seed is also provided beneficial properties because it contains prussic acid which can help relieve sore throats, stomach, and chest pain. They can also rid your body of worms and parasites.
Even though sweet cherries are beneficial you still need to eat them in moderation because like everything else in the world, they can be harmful if you eat way to many.
2. Black Mulberries: This rare fruit has a great ability to improve your digestive health, lower cholesterol, help in weight loss, increase circulation, build bone tissue, prevent certain cancers, build bone tissues, slow down aging, lower blood pressure, improve and protect eye health, and even help the metabolism of the body.
This berries originated from China and has spread like wildfire all over the world because of their wonderful benefits. They grow very fast but as they grow their color changes from white to green to pink or red and ending in a dark purple or black color.
People love these berries for jams, jellies, wines, teas and sherbets. An odd fact is that these mulberries are also known to be food for silkworms. have iron, riboflavin, vitamin C, Vitamin K, potassium, calcium, and phosphorous. Like mentioned above, it also has a high amount of fiber and organic compounds.
Eating these berries can have a great impact on your health reducing constipation, bloating, and cramping. The fiber in these berries regulate your cholesterol levels and can aid the heart. Mulberries also have a diverse range of antioxidants which means they can neutralize free radicals, similar to the sweet cherries.
This one berry has so many benefits its crazy. It also helps your vision and immune system acting like an intense defense against illnesses and diseases. A single serving of mulberries is the whole requirement of vitamin C for your whole day! Eat a few in the morning for breakfast and you are set with your Vitamin C for the day. Just like the sweet cherries, you must also enjoy this beneficial treat in moderation.
3. Pomegranate: This is one of the healthiest fruits on the entire planet. This round looking apple is a thick mass with hundreds of edible seeds called ARILS inside of it. You can eat the seeds or make it into a juice that contains important nutrients.
Pomegranates contain 7 grams of fiber, 3 grams of protein, 30% Vitamin C, 36% Vitamin K, 12% potassium, and 16% folate. However, this fruit is also very sweet containing 24 grams of sugar. They also contain two very unique antioxidants found in both the peel and fruit.
Punicalagins are a powerful antioxidant that is 3X more powerful than of red wine or green tea. Punicic acid is the second antioxidant with potent effects. Studies show that drinking or eating pomegranate for 12 weeks lowered inflammatory properties in the body, slows down cancer cell reproduction, and helps aid men with prostate cancer and women with breast cancer.
Other studies show that pomegranate juice significantly lowers type 2 diabetes and high cholesterol levels. Pomegranate is so beneficial that is has been shown in both animals and humans to protect the body from heart disease.
4. Apricots: These orange delights are rich in antioxidants just like the other fruits I mention above. These antioxidants are highly linked to reductions in heart disease in humans as well as contain the nutrients needed to help protect eyesight.
Doctors note that people who eat three or more servings of fruit each day are at less risk of vision loss that comes with aging. A single apricot will give you 5 grams of flavonoid nutrients that are potent anti-inflammatory nutrients. Apricots are also a great source of dietary fibers that also help control blood cholesterol levels.
can be enjoyed fresh, but also in many varieties such as dried, cooked, or jam and jellies. Apricots are also widely used in alcohol, but just for the flavor and not the benefits. Apricots are a great source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, copper, fiber, and potassium. Must eat in moderation.
5. Figs: This exotic fruit has so many health benefits that if you have never tried one I would highly recommend that you go out and sample a Fig, delicious. Figs are a seasonal fruit, but dried ones are available all year round. They are also in the mulberry family. The health benefits come in minerals, vitamins, and fibers. Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, iron, phosphorus, manganese, sodium, potassium.
Figs are known to help treat sexual dysfunction, constipation, indigestion, piles, diabetes, bronchitis, cough, and asthma. They are also known for their fiber that can help prevent certain types of abdominal cancers and colon cancer. For women, the fiber content in figs have been known to protect against breast cancer and help regulate the hormones that affect the immune system.
The American Diabetes Association recommends figs as a high fiber treat that helps control diabetes. Fig leaves specifically reduce the amount of insulin needed by a diabetic patient who regularly has to take insulin injections.
6. Kale: This super green is maxed out with nutrients which makes it one the world’s healthiest foods. provides nutrients that support healthy skin, hair and bones. It also helps with digestion and reduces your risk of heart disease.
You are at a lower risk of developing asthma, improving blood glucose levels, lowering the risk of cancer, and lowering high blood pressure. Kale contains an antioxidant known as alpha-lipoic acid, which has been shown to lower glucose levels, increase insulin sensitivity and prevent oxidative stress-induced changes in patients with diabetes.
7. Raw shelled Hemp Seed: These little buddies are incredibly nutritious and yes they come from cannabis (marajuana) seeds. Hemp seeds contain 30% fat and are super rich in fatty acids (omega-6) and alpha-linolenic acid (omega-3). They are a great protein source with 25 % calories versus chia seeds and flaxseeds, which are about 17%.
Great source of Vitamin E and other minerals like phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, sulfur, calcium, iron, and zinc. You can eat hemp seeds raw, cook ,roasted or like I will explain later, in your morning smoothie.
Hemp seeds also reduce your risk of heart disease and have been linked with the reduction of inflammation. Hemp seed oil has been seen to improve the skin of eczema patients as well as improve blood levels with essential fatty acids. It also improves dry skin and itchiness on the face.
Studies have shown that hemp seeds have reduced symptoms of PMS (premenstrual syndrome) in women. It decreased breast pain, tenderness, depression, and irritability. They have a high source of fiber that also aids in healthy digestion.
8. Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are one of the healthies foods on the planet. Your brain and body will thank you kindly for eating these nutritious little buggers. They are widely known for their ability to provide your body with sustainable energy. “Chia” means “strength” in ancient Mayan.
This new modern day superfood is packed with 11 grams of Fiber, 4 grams of protein, 9 grams of fat, 18% calcium, 30% manganese, 27% Phosphorus. They also have amount of Zinc, Niacin, Potassium, Thiamine, and Vitamin B2.
These little seeds also win the award for their high amounts of antioxidants that fight the production of free radicals, which can damage cells that help with aging and diseases. They are also a low- carb friendly food because of all their fiber. Chia seeds become gel-like and expand their stomach in water absorbing 10-12 times their weight in water. This increases fullness and slows the absorption of food.
They are also high in protein for a little seed. Containing 14% protein, which is higher than most plants. Chia seeds are especially an excellent source of protein for people who eat little or no animal products.
Like flax seed, Chia is also high on Omega-3 fatty acids. Containing more Omega-3 than salmon! They are also high in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and protein. All of these are crucial for bone health.
Chia seeds are so easy to eat because you can put thim in literally anything. I love to put them in my water or like I will explain bellow my morning smoothie.
9. Flax Seed: The benefits of flax seed could help you improve your digestion, give you clean skin, lower cholesterol, reduce cravings, balance hormones, fight cancer, promote weight loss, and much more! Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, like the chia seeds I mention above.
One ounce of flax seeds has 8 grams of FIber, 6 grams of protein, Vitamin B1, Manganese, Phosphorus, selenium, Vitamin B6, iron, potassium, copper, and zinc.
Flax seed is high in fiber, but low on Carbs. With high fiber comes colon detoxification support, fat loss, and reduce sugar cravings. One of the most extraordinary benefits of flax seeds is that they contain high levels of mucilage gum content.
Adding 2 tbsp of flax seed in your morning smoothie will help you get healthier hair and nails. Flax seed oil is another alternative, being a higher concentration of healthy fats.
Flax seed will help you feel satisfied longer and you will eat fewer calories which helps aid in weight loss. Flax seeds also help reduce cholesterol levels and has anti-inflammatory properties. Flax seeds are incredible because they are also high in antioxidants that help hormone balance and cellular health in anti-again.
10. Graviola: Also known by other names such as soursop and guanabana. Experts have discovered that it provides a number of benefits. The soursop fruit is very tasty (sort of like custardy apple) and has been used to add flavor to jams, ice cream, juices and nectars.
Graviola’s fruit or juice has long been used to help reduce fever. Aside from this, consuming the fruit has been known to relieve diarrhea, dysentery and even kill parasites and worms in your digestive tract. Soursop has a lot of excellent properties that are necessary to keep your immune system strong.
Graviola is rich in fiber which means that when you consume it regularly, you can expect regular bowel movements. With graviola, you don’t have to worry about constipation and hemorrhoids.
Graviola has properties that keep your body active and energized. It is rich in calcium and phosphorous to help strengthen the bones and prevent bone and joint diseases such as osteoporosis.
Medical experts warn pregnant and lactating women against the use of graviola pills, graviola capsules and fruit. The safety of this supplement to babies and fetus has not been determined.
Ok, now for the secret that I personally used to not break the bank.
I am a member a local Costco which I go to regularly to buy food for my home. In the freezers, Costco has this large $9.99 bag that contains 8 small bags inside with already measured amounts of Sweet Cherries, black mulberries, pomegranate, Fig, kale, and apricot. Such a great deal.
However, If you do not have a Costco membership then you will have to find theses items separate and I highly recommend your local fruit and vegetable flea market for the best prices.
For the raw hemp seed, flax seed, chia seeds, and graviola I get bags of these at my local Trade Joe which is an all organic supermarket in California.
Easily in the morning, I get a bag that already contains all the fruits and put it in a blender, I then add tspns of all the seeds, add ice and water, maybe a banana sometimes, and blend.
This smoothie tastes sooooooooooo good and it is so healthy its ridiculous.
Please follow and like: